Easter Sunday marks the end of the Holy Week – an event that commemorates the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Greatly influenced by the Christian faith, it reminds believers to remember the last sacrifice of the Son of God. For others, it’s a time of celebration with Easter eggs, chocolate bunnies and marshmallow candies. The Easter egg is said to symbolize joy, celebrations and new life. Some other funny, quirky and interesting facts about Easter are:
- The white lily is the special Easter flower as it is the symbol of the resurrection.
- The traditional act of painting eggs is called Pysanka.
- The tallest chocolate Easter egg ever was made in Italy in 2011. At 10.39 metres in height and 7,200 kg in weight, it was taller than a giraffe and heavier than an elephant!
- Easter traditions include wearing Easter bonnets, making Easter baskets and having Easter egg hunts.
- 76% of people eat the ears on chocolate bunnies first.
- The term Easter gets its name from Eastre, the Anglo-Saxon goddess who symbolizes the hare and the egg.
Excited enough? Read on to know you can participate in Easter contest and increase your earnings!
A. Visualizer with highest US+CA sends for Easter day category: $100
B. Visualizer with highest ROW* sends for Easter day category: $50
(Exclusive winner for criteria A and B. Winner of one criterion cannot win in other criteria)
* ROW – Rest of the world
C. For cards that have Global sends > 150 and the highest conversion in the same sub-category.
(Each visualizer is eligible to win in maximum of 2 sub-categories, post which the reward will be passed on to the next in line):
– Easter Day
- Family: $15
- Love: $15
- Specials: $15
- Fun: $15
- Friends: $15
- Flowers: $15
- Gifts: $15
- Poems & Quotes: $15
- Egg hunt: $15
- Formal Greetings: $15
- Weekend: $15
- Religious: $15
(Winners of criteria A and B are eligible for criteria C.)
Card sends calculated from March 20 (Sunday) to April 3 (Sunday) 2016, on cards uploaded from March 2 (Wednesday) till March 20 (Sunday) 2016.
- Minimum of 3 cards to be submitted (excluding Thank You sub-category cards).
- All 3 cards to be submitted in different sub-categories of Easter Day for the contest.
- The winners will be declared to the community via social media/ emails/ blog.
- All cards must be new, suppressing old cards and re-uploading them will not be considered.
- The winners will win vouchers from Amazon or Ebay (depending on their location) or the option to be added to monthly payments (for Payment Plan visualizers only).
No matter how old you are or where you are in the world, Easter is a fun family tradition that never gets old. From the Easter egg hunts to taking your first bite into that chocolate bunny, it is not only a special religious holiday that marks an end to Lent, but one that represents the resurrection of Christ, too. Easter marks a long weekend, filled with fun. So make this fun-filled tradition a one to remember by providing users with ecards imbibed with all the elements of Easter!