Facebook share button

Have an idea on how to improve the Studio? This is the sounding board, anything goes!

Facebook share button

Postby Coeur on Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:39 pm

Hello
I wanted to make a suggestion
1rst of all if you can t do it, or don t want there is no matter for me it s just a suggestion.
ok, in my opinion the most important part in a ecard is the thumbail if an user like the thumbail he will automaticaly love and send your ecards.
Facebook is maybe the biggest website for sharing contents. But i think facebook is not good for sharing pictures and they need to work a little more on that, because instead of reseizing a picture facebook prefere to crop it, and i think it s not good. Because on facebook nobody (not a lots) will click on a croped picture. Because users smell a crap behind that.
That was the problem and the problem come from facebook not 123greeting.
But maybe what you can do it s displaying our 115px x 115x thumb with the sharing button, i think it will be more proper than a cropped pic.
There no problem about that when we are sharing our Ecards link from page fan, because when we are sharing a link we are able to add a custom picture from our computer that is great feature from facebook but not alowed from our profil.
Voilà, that was my suggestion
Coeur

Re: Facebook share button

Postby studio-team on Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:44 am

Hi,
Thank you for the suggestion. We will consider this and try to implement it when possible.
For complete documentation of the Studio, please visit the Studio Wiki at http://studio.123greetings.com/wiki/. Happy uploading!
studio-team

Postby Coeur on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:06 am

But everyone need to know,
if your cards is a square something like 500 px x 500 px facebook will not cropping it. It will display a little square thumbail.
And also, but here i m not sure at all, if it depends to the users screen seize, but in my case i noticed if i do a card 550 x 288 and when i share it everything is good. Because the thumb with the share button is 470 x 247 and it seem if i use that ratio, facebook reseize my card instead of cropping it.
Coeur

Postby bebestarr on Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:31 am

I have found the best way for me to promote my ecards on fb is to "upload photo" using the saved PNG version of my ecard from my computer, and then I copy and past the url for it. This way the whole image of ecard is there. Friends can click on link to see it in its entirety. I would prefer it be sent via 123G so the background/music/personal message will be a part of it. And wondering, if an ecard is shared through fb is it getting "sends" credit through 123G?
bebestarr

Return to Suggestions & Feature Requests